- First, get the latest updates:
Go to the follwoing direction:
Please note: if you unable to go this direction, probably you did not install PPTP Client, so install it:
apt install pptp-linux
- Create PPTP file:
- Edit the file you created (PPTP):
- Copy the follwoing texts to your editor:
Change the PPTP file permission:
chmod 600 /etc/ppp/peers/PPTP
- Connecting and disconnecting VPN:
Installing PPTP in Ubuntu 20.x using command line
sudo apt-get update
And switch to root by typing sudo -s
pty "pptp Your_Server_IP --nolaunchpppd --debug" name Your_Username password Your_Password remotename PPTP require-mppe-128 require-mschap-v2 refuse-eap refuse-pap refuse-chap refuse-mschap noauth debug persist maxfail 0 defaultroute replacedefaultroute usepeerdns
To save the file press Ctrl+X and enter Y to exit and then Enter key.
Note: To see your server IP address, login here with your username and password.
Or Ctrl+Cpoff PPTP
- Go to the "Network Settings":
- In "Network" window, click on "+":
- Choose "Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)" as your connection type:
- In next screen, add your gateway address and your VPN username & password, then click "Advanced..."
- In advance settings, make sure the settings are the same as what is shown in the picture that is provided. Hit "OK" when done.
- Click on "Add" button:
- Now you are ready to connect. Click on network icon from tray area and connect to VPN. (or you can connect from Network window) Enjoy!:
Installing PPTP VPN in Ubuntu 20.x using GUI (Graphical User Interface)
Note: Gateway: To see your server IP address, login here with your username and password.