Note: To be able to configure your D-Link router to a PPTP link, be sure your network has DHCP support.1
Access your router web management interface and select "Setup" (1) option from top horizontal menu and "Internet" (2) section in left side menu. Use "Manual Internet Connection Setup" (3) button to continue.
In "WAN" opened page, you need to setup in "Internet Connection Type" section, "My Connection Type is”: "PPTP (Username/Password)".
In "PPTP Internet Connectivity Type” section keep parameters as described bellow:
- Address Mode: Dynamic IP
- PPTP Server IP Address: Note: To see your server IP address, login here with your username and password.
- Username and Password/Verify Password fields: add your RapidVPN username and password;
- Reconnect Mode: Always on
For DNS, we recommend to use Google DNS settings:
- Primary DNS Server: 22.214.171.124 (or use OpenDNS: 126.96.36.199)
- Secondary DNS Server: 188.8.131.52 (or use OpenDNS: 184.108.40.206)
All other fields in this page should remain at their default values.
When anything is setup, save you settings using "Save Settings” button located at top of the page.